Designing & Implementing Custom Educational Experiences
CustomED is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that designs and implements extraordinary programs and experiences that solve challenges in education, training, and outreach for a variety of organizations.
What type of problems/challenges can CustomED solve?
Recently, CustomED has designed and implemented solutions to these issues:
• At-Risk college and high school students need job training.
• Construction industry needs high school student interested/engaged in a construction-related career.
• College-bound students need preparation in order to make a successful transition to college.
• International nonprofit needs to call its student reps to action in their local communities.
• High school leaders need help in developing and using leadership skills in their home schools.
• Nonprofit needs to educate/inspire its student reps to engage their communities to healthy eating & fitness.
In solving these problems, CustomED used experiential education techniques to excite, engage, and educate the audiences, using a variety of formats including: workshops, retreats, camps, training series, curriculum, student competitions, professional development, product design, and more.
CustomED believes that increased confidence and real change occurs through well-designed, intensive learning experiences. With our 40 years of success in development & implementation of original educational programming, we blend together a variety of experiential education methodologies to deliver customized learning opportunities.
CustomED’s 3 Step Design-Implement-Analyze Process
1. Design – We work closely with clients and stakeholders to understand your cause, needs, and goals . Using our proprietary CustomEDdesign methodology, we design an educational experience to meet your needs.
2. Implement – We test the program with a small audience and modify as needed. Then CustomED implements and manages all aspects of the complete program.
3. Analyze – We conduct surveys and program analysis to determine how the program met your goals and determine next steps.
CustomED gets RESULTS
Our custom educational programming moves the needle! We know how to make significant measurable impact and lasting change for your organization’s cause.
Current & recent clients include:
• Capital Area REACH: Job Training & Education training series for HS/College students, Intern placement & support, Professional Development Series for interns
• Air Force Youth Programs: Teen Leadership training for HS representatives from bases around the globe, Professional Development for staff, Camp curriculum design & implementation
• Fuel Up to Play 60: Programming for Student Ambassador Summit in Washington, DC for Student Representatives from across the US and adult advisors, Summit coordination and emcee/featured speaker services
• AEM Construction Challenge: Design student competition to educate and engage high school students in the construction industry as a career and the importance of infrastructure to our quality of life, Develop both Regional and Finals content, judging criteria and advancement documents, Implement the Regional program at 9 sites across the US & Canada, Coordinate all logistics of the National/Finals program as the key attraction at the largest trade show in the world – in Las Vegas, Analyze impact of the program via student and adult surveys both before/after the events
• New Futures DC: Design & implement workshops for students preparing for entry into college
• Drexel University/LeBow College of Business: “Creativity & Innovation: A Practical Workshop” – aimed at entrepreneurs
• Operation SMILE: Presenter at International Conference in Beijing, China, Develop structure of annual youth leadership conferenceShare